This guide contains all the relevant information about Solaris' Bankident product, including key conceptual topics, the different integration options, and the necessary endpoints to implement Bankident as a stand-alone solution.
Bankident is a fully automated KYC process to identify your customers in a seamless and frictional way. Customers with a German IBAN can identify themselves with Bankident in just minutes without any waiting times (24/7) while being compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Bankident is currently only available to customers with a German IBAN and is suitable for low-risk products, such as decoupled cards, consumer loans, etc.
- Bankident is NOT a suitable KYC method for full banking accounts. Please refer to other available identification methods on the KYC overview page.
Bankident works in three simple steps:
1. Data collection
- The user enters the required personal data (name, address, mobile number, nationality, and birth date).
- Solaris sends an SMS OTP to the customer's mobile number, and the customer must enter this OTP into your solution to verify their number.
Bank account validation & payment initiation
- The user enters their IBAN, and then Solaris runs identity checks through SCHUFA to validate that the person associated with this IBAN has been identified before.
- The user logs in to their bank account to verify that they own the account and initiate a cent transfer with their bank's 2FA method.
Contract signing via Qualified Electronic Signature (QES)
- Once the payment is completed, the user can view the contract(s) and sign it using a QES provided by Solaris' provider Swisscom.
- The user signs the contract by entering an SMS OTP received on their verified mobile number.
- After successful signing, the user can download the signed contracts or receive them via email or other methods.
The contracts could be a simple KYC report or contracts related to the product the customer is being identified for, such as a loan contract.
Before starting the Bankident process, you must implement the following requirements:
1. Technical setup:
Set up your environment and get your authentication keys. For step-by-step instructions, check the Technical setup guide.
2. Legal and compliance screens:
Build the necessary legal and compliance screens in your sign-up flow to collect your customers' consent to the necessary legal and compliance requirements. The Legal and compliance screens guide contains step-by-step instructions on how to create these screens and what they must contain.
Record the customer's consent on each screen as a UTC timestamp (e.g.,
2019-01-01T00:00:00Z). Afterward, you must pass each timestamp in its respective field to Solarisbank.
- Collect the customer's consent to Solarisbank's Terms and Conditions and store the timestamp in the
- Collect the customer's consent to data processing and store the timestamp in the
The mentioned fields are part of the person resource in which all the customer data points are stored.
The following legal texts can be used in your UI.
I hereby consent to Solaris SE processing personal data from my bank account, in particular my name and transactions, by means of a so-called Account Snapshot for the purpose of evaluating the information I have provided in accordance with the customer information on data processing.
Ich willige darin ein, dass die Solaris SE personenbezogene Daten aus meinem Bankkonto, insbesondere den Namen des Kontoinhabers und Umsätze, zur Überprüfung der von mir getätigten Angaben gemäß der Kundeninformation zur Datenverarbeitung, verarbeitet.
You can integrate Solaris' Bankident in different methods. For example, the following integration options are possible for Bankident: