Virtual IBANs (vIBANs) allow customers to receive payments to their main account
through alternate IBANs. One use case for vIBANs is to replace the
field as a reconciliation for incoming payments; instead of having to filter
through their transactions by reference data in the description field, customers
can issue individual vIBANs for individual transactions, e.g., invoices.
Once a vIBAN is created for a specific account, all incoming payments sent to
this specific vIBAN will be routed to the master account and will be listed as
bookings for that account. vIBAN bookings will include the vIBAN in the
Please note that:
- A vIBAN does not have a balance.
- Customers can only use vIBANs to receive money via SEPA Credit Transfer; they cannot use them to send money or have SEPA Direct Debits withdrawn.
- A vIBAN does not replace an account.
- Cards cannot be attached to a vIBAN.
Follow these steps to implement the vIBAN feature:
- Implement the POST Create a vIBAN method in your frontend so that customers may set up vIBANs.
When a customer receives a payment on their vIBAN, then a booking will be created with an additional property:
receiver_iban_virtual. The value of this property will be the customer's virtual IBAN. Indicate to your customers in your frontend that these bookings are payments made to their vIBAN.
- Use the GET List all bookings for an account endpoint to retrieve a list of bookings.
- Implement the PATCH Disable a vIBAN method in order to remove the created vIBAN upon the customer's wish.