The multi-accounts feature enables your customers to open multiple fully-fledged Solaris accounts in their name. This allows them to open accounts for different purposes, e.g., savings, household expenses, investments, salaries, and any other purpose that fits your business needs. This feature is available for consumers, freelancers, and businesses.
This feature is not enabled by default. If you're interested in offering multi-accounts to your customers, then please contact your Partner Manager.
- Before you can open multiple accounts for a customer, they must have completed the identification and onboarding process. See the get started guide for instructions.
- The customer's main account must be active and may not have any type of block on it.
- The maximum number of accounts that a customer may open is defined in your contract with Solaris. Please contact your Partner Manager for more information.
For each new account, you must collect the customer's consent to the Solaris Terms & Conditions. See the Legal and compliance screening guide for instructions on how to implement this screen.
Store a UTC timestamp from when the customer agreed to the Terms & Conditions document, as well as the ID of the document, in your solution. You must provide this information to Solaris upon request.
Next, you must display a screen to the customer asking them to verify the correctness of their data. Use the GET Retrieve a person method to query this data from the Solaris API.
- If the customer confirms that their data is still accurate, you can proceed to the next step.
If the customer's data is outdated, then present them with a screen that allows them to update the data. Then, make a request to the Solaris API using the PATCH Update a person method with the updated data as well as today's date in the
- The customer must confirm the data change using the change request process.
If the customer updates their data, then Solaris will re-run its customer due diligence checks on the customer.
If this process uncovers any new potential risks, then you will receive a
notification on the PERSON_CHANGED
webhook. Call the GET Retrieve a
method and review the values of
customer_vetting_status to see if there are
any yellow or red statuses.
See the customer due diligence documentation for a full explanation of this process.
If the customer due diligence process has not produced any new hits for the customer, then you can open their multi-account using one of the following endpoints:
Please note the account purpose guidelines below.
AML law requires Solaris to fully understand the purpose of every account and business relationship (§10 (2) 1 GWG). Multiple accounts under a single owner create additional complexity for Solaris' compliance and transaction monitoring processes. Therefore, please design the "purpose" field for multi-accounts according to the following guidelines:
- Wherever possible, your interface should guide the user in the selection of the purpose with predefined values (e.g., using a dropdown list).
- Do not offer more than 12 purpose values for an account.
- Each purpose value may not exceed 40 characters.
- Please refrain from offering "Other" as an option.
- The predefined purpose values must fit your specific product offering (e.g., if you are exclusively onboarding consumers, then you should not offer business-related purpose values, and vice versa).
- Automatically set the purpose of the customer's primary account to "Main Account."
- Keep the predefined values as concise as possible. Ideally, you should use only one word (e.g., "Savings" instead of "Account for savings" or "This is my savings account").
Below are some examples for consumer (
CHECKING_PERSONAL) and business